Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
D-Day run. 2019

Finally got around to loading some of the Pegasus Bridge run on the 5th June. Turned out I bought a crap camera, but there you go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tz8xMAuWt4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0mXK9BDEg_W7VlAZROQnpOjLGt2aMA0g6mQjlEH9_l1_VVhkfbI3uMyHc

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: D-Day run. 2019

Hi Richard,

Great video, thanks for sharing it with us.

I too was around the bridge head on the 5th with my friend both of us on my G3L.

I’ll always remember the outstanding amount of WD motorcycles that gathered in the museum.

First time I had seen so many WD motorcycles together as I had missed the great efforts painstakingly planned in previous years.

Keep safe,

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Great bit of film...I have missed my trips to Normandy over the last few years...There's nothing that matches that feeling you get from riding among all of those WD machines, out on the road, where it all happened on D day...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian I don't think anything will happen this year, although we'll go in September if at all possible. But it give you over a year to get your M20 ready for next year. As you know, the in between years are much more relaxed. Be good if you and Rob could join us like old times!

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I too fondly remember the group of us that gathered in Normandy around 2000 and the early years of the new millenium.....Ian, Rob Miller, Ron, John Tinley, Mick Holmes, Peter Brown, Kevin, the Islip brothers, etc, etc.....camped at the Hillman bunker !

Brilliant times back then.....hard to think it was nearly 20 years ago now.....

I've got lots of Normandy photos but I think this one is still my favourite...Battery Longue about 4 or 5 days before D Day on the 65th...It shows just over half of the bikes that ultimately arrived for the 6th. and it was the first time I realised after nearly two years planning that something special was taking place..A brilliant effort from everybody....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Looking great Ian, I've often been to D-Day celebrations and other WW2-related historical reenactment events (these are frequent in Russia, where I live now, and they're always bringing T-34s by the dozen) but never got to ride, or even sit, on one of these motorcycles... I'm considering buying one when I'm done with my contract in Russia, so that I can join the club, too!

email (option): czp02270tr@yahoo.com

I remember that fondly Steve, it was all word of mouth back then. we met at Hillman, you we crippled with your bad back, but hey ho we carried on. We all met up at the memorial above Arrowmanches, then rode down and took over the car park, full of italians? in US trucks. A veteran shouted "at last, some British vehicles! Brilliant day. Hope all who were there are safe.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1