Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
720cc pistons

Hi All.
Ian do you have any 720 pistons for sale, I need a couple.
Cheers Drew

email (option): bronte.nolan@bigpond.com

Re: 720cc pistons

Hi Drew...What are you doing with them?!!!...I'll have to check to see if there are any spare ones left from the last batch...

Mail me off forum on this one...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

As well as Drews enquiry I've had another regarding pistons for the 712/720cc conversion for the M20 (using the 112mm M21 flywheels)...These pistons can also be fitted to a 'long rod' B33 to make 560cc with a standard 88mm stroke crank or 598cc with a modified 94mm stroke M20 crank....They will go into either big or small fin B33 barrels of all years...

They are forged pistons with a 'modern' type ring set and have a standard 3/4" diameter gudgeon pin so are a straight fit in that regard...The specification exceeds that of the original pistons by a significant margin and they are well suited to use in heavily tuned OHV engines...

Normally, as well as M21 flywheels, I would say you'll need a post war unlinered barrel to fit one to an M20 but I am about to get an oversize liner fitted to a linered M20 barrel and if that proves successful then the options open out nicely in terms of barrel availability...

I wasn't actually planning to get involved in the manufacture of another batch of pistons but if the demand is there I'd consider it...I wouldn't imagine prices have changed much since the last time, but I'd have to confirm an actual price if the potential interest is there....It would be the same deal as last time...Payment upfront with postage charges at cost once the pistons are delivered to me....Ian

If they look like happening before the end of the year, you can put me down for 2 .
Got a temporary engine in the M20 right now due to a broken piston clip trashing the new liner I put in 4 years ago,,, bugger .

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I'll mail you off forum regarding that Trevor...Ian

Do not use the PM function as it goes to a dummy email address that automatically deletes all incoming emails
All of the forums & groups us it so I can not get spammed or hacked via a social network.
I am with tpg
IT is a COMercial domain site
in AUstralia
and wariron is the account name

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1