Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drive it day

Just a reminder that Sunday is HBHVC "Drive it day" so this is a good opportunity to get out on your bike a put some social distance between you and everyone else. Get some fresh air, exercise and have fun rattling around your favourite route on your favourite machine.
Richard

email (option): richard177smith@btinternet.com

Re: Drive it day

......is exactly what the authorities in the UK say you should not be doing as an unfortunate rta would divert valuable medical resource!

Yep we'd all like to be out on our bikes during this sunny period. But the orders are to "STAY AT HOME". Quite a few people being fined for driving with no legitimate reason. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well, the HBHVC as of Sunday said it was on so do what you will.

email (option): richard177smith@btinternet.com

FBHVC suggested canceling all such events a month ago.
https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/news/article/coronavirus

Ron

Whether rubbish or not, the current UK restrictions are there for good reason......I respect and acknowledge that fact.....

It would seem that every show or event up until at least July has been cancelled by responsible organisers following the official guidance. Whilst irritating to a degree, that's the way things currently are.....

I normally see my old Mum every week or so....she only lives 30 miles away but has chosen to self-isolate at home. I respect her decision so have to now keep in touch by phone. Our son, who lives locally, is still working but from home but has a low immune system so can't go out. Our youngest daughter is living with him during the lockdown to ensure he remains well and has everything he needs. Again, we can't currently visit him or her. My wife hasn't ventured from the house for the last few weeks. The list goes on......

I've often thought about going out on a bike for a run, especially during the good weather.....yet aside from official guidance and current regulations in my own mind I simply can't justify it.....my head arguing against my heart....I would feel enormously guilty afterwards....

Each to their own however. I must however add that at present I'm enjoying much quality time in the workshop attending to all those jobs that have been waiting attention, in some cases for years...!

I quite agree, I won't be riding my M20 on the road until I can guarantee that I won't be adding to the NHS's workload, imagine how stupid you would feel if you fell off and ended up in A&E. And that's without the risk of infection and the message you are giving to everyone who hears you ride by and thinks if its alright for him it must be alright for everyone else.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Well I will be riding my brothers G3l pretty much every day. having had and recovered from Cov19 I need to get back to work, the G3l is the cheapest thing to run I have access to. I've not earn a bean for over a month,but the bills keep rolling in. Now I'm well enough to work again I need cheap transport. As soon as my G3l is back together again I'll use that.

Glad to hear you recovered Jon, where you in Hospital with it and tested?

Regards Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I take it you are now immune Jon? That makes you a "Super Hero" amongst us mere mortals! Ron:+1:

I was very lucky and managed to stay out of hospital. I've not been tested,but the senior doctor from the critical care team that I spoke to was sure that I had it. We went through all the symptoms and when I mentioned that my sense of smell had completely gone he said,"Well that's the icing on the cake,without testing we can't be 100% sure but as long as you can breathe ok stay at home and isolate"
My son brought it home,he is 21 and had mild symptoms for 2 days. I am 55 and it had a good go at me ! I won't bore you with the details,but it was unlike any illness I've had before,very weird.
I'm hoping to get tested to confirm it and see if I have immunity from it. Planning bike stuff and things in the workshop kept me positive !

Nieuwe pagina 1