Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dating service

Hi I am trying to access the dating service so I ca can find out when my M20 was built I also have 2 spare engines, the bike is registered as 1949.
Thanks Ian

email (option): Gawls62@icloud.com

Re: Dating service

Hi Ian,

Usually it's rather easy to find the information for a BSA but I need the complete frame number.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi thanks for replying, my M20 Frame no is ZM20 4711 although it is registered as WM20 4711 engine no is WM20 102376 I also have engines sno,s WM20 62399&ZM20 1908.
Any info will e greatly appreciated,t the bike is fitted with a Hawk sidecar which I believe is a copy of the dusting sidecar.
Thanks Ian

The BSA with frame number ZM20 4711 had engine number ZM20 1791. It seems to have been shipped to Adelaide Australia. Is that where you are also located?

Henk.

Hi I am located at Blakeview which is about 30Km north of Adelaide good to hear the bike came here originally but I would still love to find out actual year it was Manufactured.
I am also keen to get a certificate and will pay any costs incurred
Cjeers
Ian

The BSA with frame number ZM20.4711 had originally engine number ZM20.1791 when it left the factory 13-9-1949.

Send me an email about the dating certificate.

Best regards,
Henk Joore

Thanks for the info only one more query,the bike has telescopic forks I believe that 1949 was the first year tis occurred on M20’s,is this correct.i will send an email to you regarding the certificate I assume you’re email is the one at the bottom of your replies.
Cheers Ian

Telescopic forks came in 'mid season' of the model year on the M33, June 1947. The speedo drive was then moved on this model to the rear wheel as it was lost from the front wheel but the 'WD' type gearbox was still fitted. This only ran until August/September when the 1948 model year commenced...The later gearbox with speedo drive was then adopted.
All models had telescopic forks from 1948...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for the info the Speedo drive on my bike is from the gearbox which is a 4 speed.
Cheers Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1