Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A 1944 WM20 Alaskan Introduction

Good morning all, and a Happy Easter.
I just wanted to take a brief moment and introduce myself, and my project. My name is Chad Ringler from Anchorage, Alaska, and a few years ago I became the owner of a 1944 WM20 (and a '48 BSA A7 rigid). This motorcycle is serial #104400, and was previously owned by Paul Van Hoek, who I saw listed in the identification/ownership page on this website.
The motorcycle is in fairly good shape (roller with about 2 truckloads of NOS and spare parts), but the engine had been torn down and will need to be gone through and put back together. Although not new to mechanics, this will be my first motorcycle rebuild. I typically deal with four wheeled pre-war vehicles, and build almost exclusively flathead motors, but am excited to get going on this project. That's where you all come in.
I was fortunate to come across this amazing site, and it seemed like an wonderful group of folks that are more than helpful with a vast amount of knowledge, which is what I will be in need of when I get going on this project. Once I figure out how to place photos in here, I will attach a few so that you can see what I am starting with.
That is all for now, and I wish you all a good day.
Take care,
Chad

Re: A 1944 WM20 Alaskan Introduction

Hi Chad...Welcome to the forum...Personally I'm always happy to welcome another M20 owner...I'm sure you will get the information and help you need here...The contributors to this forum have, in total, an amazing degree of knowledge and practical experience between them...Ian:relaxed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Chad,

Welcome aboard!

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

"Once I figure out how to place photos in here..."

Some folks use https://imgbb.com/ to upload pictures. Then navigate to the image's url, and paste that into your comment using the bbcode [*url*] imgbb.com/xxxx.jpg [*/img*] (w/o the **)

And welcome!

email (option): moatjon [ at ] aol.com

Welcome!!

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Welcome! I imagine that Alaska would be marvelous riding country for you on your wm20. What a great incentive to get cracking on your project!

All best wishes,

Allan

Boston, MA

allanmatchless@yahoo.com

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

Hi Chad,

Welcome to the forum! Lots of really helpful and like minded people here.

Looking forward to seeing some pics,

Keep safe,

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1