Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unknown inspector cap

Dear all,

Does anyone recognize this inspector cap?

Regards,

Kostas

20200403-190251

20200403-190310-1

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Unknown inspector cap

Looks like pre war speedo drive hole cover when drive was actually not fitted.

email (option): kalle.tikas@gmail.com

Ariel W/NG primary chaincase oil filler cap perhaps?

Keith could be right. Ron
DSCF1564

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I thought Norton Commando chaincase plug, for the clutch adjustment. I'd have to go and look to see if the markings on the rear are identical.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

It's probably an after market part...MCE were based in Birmingham (I recall it stood for MotorCycle Equipment) and they bought out the original Wassell company in 1985...They sold Wassells on at a later date...
I don't know if they were ever licensed to produce 'Original Equipment' parts....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It looks like it's off a 70's Brit bike. The Commando timing mark cover is that size but the slot is different.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

MCE, now that brings back memories!! I was there about 5 times, and bought lots of old stock, that they didn't want anymore, they also had the shipment of about 2500 NOS pannier bags from Canada, the green ones for the TRW's, I bought 5 pairs, were quite expensive at the time, about 20 quid a pair, with the Y straps. Mind you, that was in the late 80's...…

Sorry no idea about the inspection cap, but looking at the manufacturing process it does look 70's.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

It is a unit engine BSA primary cover plug used for chain adjustment and for clutch adjustments on different models .
I think Triumph used the same one

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Well thank you all for your answers, I have no use for it so if anyone wants it please email me.

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Have a few about in my shed off my b50 and CCM rocker box

Nieuwe pagina 1