Comment
Norton Big 4 build

Something to watch during self isolation. Ashton is the builder. Ron
https://youtu.be/dojkhIGUP1k
https://youtu.be/_3hTYFGs5zA
https://youtu.be/brYev1aC_zc

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Norton Big 4 build

Nice to see it this way, but sometimes was cringing at what they're doing.

It will take a year or so with constant fettling to get it a 100% right ofcourse, having done mine, and helped 3 friends building theirs, I know the pitfalls!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

You are all setting me off on big 4's now as well ha! Would have to sell all the elsies for one of those mind an then some.

Thanks for posting Ron took my mind of things this morning.

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Tom, sell all those Japanese bikes and gather somewhere between £20-£30K and then try and find a Big 4 for sale:smile: Ron

Thanks, Ron!

I've watched the first instalment, I going to be restrained and ration myself, the next clip will be later.

Cheers!
Mark

Well I didn't learn anything about Big 4s watching that lot...The second film particularly was a complete waste of time but none of them imparted any real information......Ian:disappointed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It's just for entertainment Ian and I don't care what people say....I also quite like Henry Cole! Ron

I thought it was good :relaxed:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The great inconsistency with the markings is that this style of lettering couldn't have been created with stencils and spraying...They were signwritten and should have brush marks.

Ron, thanks for posting this. I wish I could work at that speed! I haven't got any further with my Big 4 yet but this video has spurred me on. I need to get a couple of other projects finished first, however I did pick up this new replica body from Michel at Stoneleigh so at least thats a step in the right direction. You'll notice there's a big gap under the sidecar body, I'm still looking for a chassis or any parts thereof, no matter how rusty, damaged or broken they may be.

P1010822

Hi Tony,

I have a spare Norton chassis that I want to sell. Contact me off forum

Cheers,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I also have a few Big 4 spares. I really want to sell these in one lot, but could split them into a couple of lots, and probably collection or meet up, when freedom of movement returns. Email me if interested in any of it. Ron
DSCF2192
DSCF2598<

DSCF2599
NOS chaincase can be for sale as a seperate item.(16H/Big4)
DSCF2274

There's some parts missing from your pile now!

Sven, the Big 4 chassis is totally different to the 16H type, I do have some parts of the chassis left maybe, but sold most of that 2 years ago. I do have a front brake plate for sale, if you need one, they are different from 16H.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

There's some parts missing from your pile now Ron!

Sven, the Big 4 chassis is totally different to the 16H type, Tony, I do have some parts of the chassis left maybe, but sold most of that 2 years ago. I do have a front brake plate for sale, if you need one, they are different from 16H.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

Lex Schmidt
There's some parts missing from your pile now!

Sven, the Big 4 chassis is totally different to the 16H type, I do have some parts of the chassis left maybe, but sold most of that 2 years ago. I do have a front brake plate for sale, if you need one, they are different from 16H.

Cheers,

Lex
The SWD Big 4 sidecar chassis is totally different to that of the Model G sidecar chassis fitted to 16Hs but the chassis attachments to motorcycle frame are the same as are the front and rear sidecar body springs and tie bars. The SWD Big 4 sidecar chassis also differed from the Model G in that it had fittings for friction dampers to the sidecar body whereas the Model G did not have these.

Here's a pre-war Norton Chassis I sold to Sven some years ago. (Not SWD) Ron

16H-035

Ron Pier
Here's a pre-war Norton Chassis I sold to Sven some years ago. (Not SWD) Ron

A couple of observations Ron - the front lower sidecar fitting seems to be missing - I am not sure that the front springs used hangers to suspend the tie bar - my Model G sidecar chassis certainly did not have the hangers on the front springs - I am not sure that the rear sidecar fitting is original. I thought it would be the same as the SWD Big 4 rear sidecar fitting.

Keith that first picture was taken before I'd made modifications to the front springs and removed the hangers and I also fitted the 4th attachment point. The rear fitting was just something I made up from parts I had, with the intention of replacing with a better part when it came along. But I decided that one Norton sidecar outfit was enough, especially as it opened up room for another bike!! Ron
16H-042

Thanks for the confirmation Ron - did not want Tom Steele lead astray as he searches for a sidecar chassis for his 16H.

Hi Ron,

I don't want to spoil your merchandise but that is not a B4 saddle frame, something BSA?

Cheers,

Rob

www.wdnorton.nl

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1