Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strange times.

I think I'm not alone in finding the current situation a bit unnerving. In a way I'm lucky that we live in a very rural setting with a 1km private drive with fields and woods all around us. So I have formed a plan to put in place for the foreseeable future, part of that plan is cutting down on transport costs,(Which are already low - I walk to work mostly) rather than use 4 wheels the trusty WD G3l is going to become the main mode of transport. Albeit my brothers one until mine is back in one piece.
Anyone else plan on using their Army bike as the main transport while we are under these conditions ?

Re: Strange times.

I've always used my bikes as my main transport...I've yet to drive a car and I get my pension this year...:laughing:...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I would have liked to use one of my bikes for work sometimes......But getting 4 ton of gravel on the back was a problem:smile: Retired now though and going out for a ride tomorrow. I guess we're safe from the virus on a bike? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Just don't fall off, Ron. Anyone who ends up in hopsital these days is probably a goner ! :grimacing:

I took my bike out today for a ride. Temperature was in the low 40's F and breezy. I have to remind myself that there's no nuclear fallout out there and no one is shooting at me! Get out and get away from the madness and enjoy your bikes!

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

I ride to work every day on my M20 park it up outside and put a boot cover over the carb when it rains, These are dodgy times at the moment but being a key worker i have to go, If the bike survived the war i’m sure she’ll see me through this’ Get em out and enjoy em’
All the best everyone, Tom Green.

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Stay safe everybody how lucky we all were to have been in normandy last year think i would have been very upset if it was this year .Anyway keep two metres away from others thats six foot six in english.

Me and Tony took a ride over the Purbecks down to Swanage. We sat down by the beach with our flasks and pork pie. Sunny but windy and choppy sea. I took this picture whilst waiting for the Sandbanks chain ferry on our way home. That's Brownsea Island in view. Where Badon-Powell started the Boy Scout movement.....Most of you probably know that. Ron
IMG-20200322-WA0010

Jack and I did a similar thing yesterday on our G3l's, flasks of tea and sarnies in a picnic spot overlooking the river Severn. Not going to be doing that again for a while as he is showing some of the signs of Cov19. The only saving grace is that he and I can walk through the woods to my workshop where I have enough parts in stock for about a month of work.Jack has plenty to do on his B40GB and a Series two Landrover to start stripping.
The Landrovers have always been a part of my life with a family history of forestry and fencing.There is a trailer full of logs to unload now.

Strange times indeed......guess I was lucky to get to the recent Shepton autojumble as it seems that everything since is either cancelled or postponed for the next few months.....

All my bikes are on the road so to speak, but I haven't actually ridden anything for a few years now. No excuse really, and since retiring in 2014 I've just been enjoying myself doing lots of other things. Always something to do at home, and the current "lockdown" doesn't really affect me although when I do go out if necessary, I take sensible precautions....

I must say that the current decent spell of weather has tempted me back into the workshop the last couple of days, and I don't know about anyone else but I get just as much pleasure from tinkering with bikes as I do from riding them. Always something to do or to fiddle with....

Schermafbeelding-2020-03-22-om-20-53-06

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I was bitten by a virus in the summer of 1974, when I bought my first motorcycle. A BSA m20.
Never recovered and "suffering" eversince.

I've never regarded my M20 (I can't stop calling it an M20 even though the engine's now 600) as a restoration, thinking of it as a nice old bike I keep running. It's in active semi retirement, in local use in a rural setting & I hope to keep it that way.

Hi Ron ..so jealous of your ride out yesterday!!

Hi Andy. I guess your visit to Sandbanks in May could be curtailed now? Ron

Jan, what model RE is that? I'm guessing from the publicity front numberplate it's a Model H? I've never seen one with high level pipes - looks good!
In other news, went for a thrash on the 68 Mk1A Interceptor, guaranteed for a laugh!
REgards, Mark

As the 1942 advert implies, I think it's an artist impression of the bike for the future in peacetime. The 570's where just single cylinder SV's

Ron:ok_hand:

Nieuwe pagina 1