Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
further assistance request on M20

Following successful removal of the cush drive assembly, I am now scratching my head as to how to remove the inner half of the chain case. There appears to be a recess on the shaft with what looks like a circlip ( with no holes). The chain case is free but cannot come forward because of the oval back plate which is sitting behind a bearing on the shaft. Have a photo but struggling with attaching to this doc. Many thanks for any assistance - again.

email (option): dweironline@outlook.com

Re: further assistance request on M20

Sounds like you haven't got everything removed from the shafts. Email the picture to me if you want and I'll post it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Dave you still have the clutch center on the main-shaft. #64 in the drawing. There is a simple puller which you'll find on ebay or Draganfly or borrow one. You will need to put the nut back on the main-shaft to protect the threaded end before using the puller. Ron
IMG-1060
Scan-150628-0002

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

When you use the puller, first ensure it is screwed fully into the clutch sleeve...Then tighten the centre bolt until it contacts the main shaft nut and it applies some pressure to the nut....Then give the head of bolt a sharp blow with a hammer. Next apply a bit more pressure and repeat...

This will help to apply the 'shock' that will release the sleeve from the gearbox taper...If you simply screw the puller in and wind up the centre bolt there is a good chance you will just strip the thread on the puller...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron,

Many thanks indeed. Understood.

David

Ian,

Thanks for the advice. Shall be careful with the treads.

David

I use an air impact gun to tighten the pullers
Usually the jerky nature of the tightening will pop the tapper free well before it gets really tight.
As Ian has said, it is a shock loading that is needed not a massive pull.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1