Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BEF WD/C

Well I've finished my part of it and back over to Lex now. Just hope he doesn't get stymied in any way at the ferry port.

I still think the 50 cal machine gun rail is a bit over the top though for a little Royal Enfield 🥴Ron

DSCF2527

DSCF2526

DSCF2559

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: BEF WD/C

Looks verry good ron very nice job.

Wish I had those skills , very nice ...........Mint number plate on the van Ron :+1: :sunglasses:

Quite an impressive machine, lots of 1930s style..and although 'Second Line', probably the only RE model with with intended operational theatre provenance.

Looks great Ron, as always.

Rick

email (option): rbrouard@guernsey.net

Absolutely fantastic job!

Looks even better in the flesh.

Lex must be really pleased.

email (option): findingsteveo@hotmail.com

Truly awesome job!! Safe journey back Lex

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Looks fantastic 👍

email (option): colin.childs@icloud.com

You managed it then Ron

email (option): fullerbarry@hotmail.co.uk

Looks like the machine gun rail might be for an M3 scout car (on my bucket list).

email (option): pswebster1@netzero.net

I believe it's for a half track. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Am over the moon with it!! only the Dutch DVLA, the RDW have cancelled all appointments for Friday and rest of the month to have the bike tested for registration documents (due to the Corona crisis), guess I have to ride it with the French plates!

The perimeter rail is indeed for a Halftrack, all early M2 and M4's had them, there were even 2 types, this is the later more easy to produce type;

Lifting it off was a doddle with a car lift;

The tyre on the bike is an NOS John Bull one (found at the Shepton Mallet jumble), almost the same as my front one on the bike, Ron didn't like the idea of a quick tyre change on the rear wheel!!!

So here it is at home (now safely in the living room!);

Thanks everybody for help and parts for this quick (but not without major problems) restoration, I could not have done it, not ever having worked on one of these models before! So that's why I asked Ron to do his "magic"

All that remains is some small fettling, had it running already though! and to carefully sand the front number plate, as it might have the C number under the layers of paint, normally the engine would have had the C number stamped on it, but not on this one, not erased either, so bit mysterious.

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Nieuwe pagina 1