Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA photos

G'day, I have some black & white photos of my Dad's M20 that I 'inherited' in the late 50s (he bought himself a Morris Major and began driving lessons). I in turn sold the bike when I bought a Mini in 1962, much to my annoyance now. I need an e-mail address though to post the photos of M20 81111.

email (option): BarrySadler@bigpond.com

Re: BSA photos

This is the site I use for posting pictures https://imgbb.com/ or send them to me if you want and i'll post them. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Here Barry's BSA photos.

Black-Bess-100
Black-Bess-Barry-Harley-UD71-about-1953

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: Here Barry's BSA photos.

Lovely period photos showing what probably became of most demobbed M20s in the early post war period....Which one are you Barry?...No thoughts of 'correct' restorations then!!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Indeed Ian, rivetcounting wasnt invented, yet.

The photo of two kids on Dad's BSA was taken around 1953 I reckon, I'd be 10 and my young brother 4 (if that was the year). In 1958 Dad bought a Morris Major (impulse purchase, he didn't have a car licence!) and I was offered the bike if I paid the yearly rego - - - - in 1959 I'd be old enough for a Learners' Permit. Before he bought the car Dad had painted the bike all black, I suspect it was to cover scratches due some sort of incident. Or maybe a replacement part wasn't matching colour? Whatever the reason, I then referred to the bike as Black Bess and the entire family copied me.
Great fun on the roads back then, everyone was far more patient. I was the only kid at high school who owned mechanised transport! Sold it in 1962 after buying a Mini, now regret that sale heaps!

Re: BSA photos

Thanks for the offer Ron but, as you can see, Henk has already inserted them for me.

Nieuwe pagina 1