Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crankshaft modification

Hi

I am hoping to find someone who - for a fee of course - would replace a crankshaft half on a flywheel for me

Remove alternator shaft - replace with a Cush drive section

I can supply crank section & rivets required

Many thanks

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Crankshaft modification

See my quite recent post on this one John...'Engine shaft riveting'...Scroll down the forum page, Feb.22nd was the last post on the subject by Nathan...There is an alternative and easier method for changing shafts..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian

Although this certainly provides an alternative solution - I would somehow prefer to Rivet it as standard

I still hope to locate someone to do this

If it is not an option - where would I locate such high tensile steel bolts

Any idea ?

As I noted, I haven't looked into this mod. in detail...I only know that some racers do it to avoid loose rivets/shafts which can happen under racing conditions...
Once you have determined the thread size, length and head type required any industrial fastener company will be able to supply what is needed...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian

Not so many looking to swap for alternator crank - so I will have to modify it in way

There is a good engineering company not far from me in Slough - I might pay them a visit

The bolts idea could be a go

Br
Job

John O’Brien
Thanks Ian

Not so many looking to swap for alternator crank - so I will have to modify it in way

There is a good engineering company not far from me in Slough - I might pay them a visit

The bolts idea could be a go

Br
Job
John, will you be at Shepton ? If you are bring the crank and I'll have a look with you.We have met there before and chatted.

Nieuwe pagina 1