Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Downside of 'Colourisation'

Well, I'll be honest, I can't see a plus side but that's maybe because I'm old enough to see B&W images in colour in my mind's eye anyway.

The current forum image could give rise to any number of myths in the future if it's believed...

There should be brown on the photo...SCC No.2 on C5115706...not on the boots... where did he get the idea that a sergeant and a Lance Corporal would be wearing brown boots ? (DR boots at that !)Maybe based on a pair of the Officer's private purchase field boots that are sometimes so advertised ?

Re: The Downside of 'Colourisation'

Hi Rik,

I agree with you Rik and I always turn them back to black and white. I did just that with this photo and found out that the black and white version was much better then that same photo I found on the internet some years ago so I replaced the photo I had. Then I decided to post the color version anyway for the young guys that can't see B&W images in color in their mind's yet.

Henk.

C5115706-WM20-82306-October-27-1944-A-dispatch-rider-at-the-WIlhelminapark-Tilburg

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Well I just like the colourised photos for the general impression they give...I'm not seeking to use them as an historically correct document..It is, after all, only an interpretation of what the scene might have looked like...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If the colourisation would have been a lot more accurate, I may have liked it, but it's just not good enough in this instance.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

They seem to always colour the vehicles green, never brown. We are conditioned to think military vehicles are green, my Norton should be brown and there were signs of brown paint, but I still did it green.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

That's one of the things that bothers me, Dave...'Everyone' thinks they were always greena and this sort of inaccurate colourisation propounds the myth.

Lex Schmidt
If the colourisation would have been a lot more accurate, I may have liked it, but it's just not good enough in this instance.

Cheers,

Lex
Based upon what Lex, the way it looked on your computer screen ?
Around 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of computer screens can accurately show the true colour of an image .
The ones that can still cost several thousand dollars and even then need to be calibrated for the position they are in and the light that they are being viewed under , some times several times a day , after they have had an hour or so to warm up.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I don't think Lex is concerned about shades of colour! More that the bike should be Brown not Green and the blokes should have black boots. Ron

A681889-D-D15-A-42-C2-BC6-D-CEBA4-DF77759

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1