Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CZ27 Amp needle fell off

Dear All

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the needle on the CZ27 before, today mine seamed to break at the bend while I was riding today. I thought I would put the question out there before I start to strip the thing down, or start looking for a new one.

Regards

Stuart

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Re: CZ27 Amp needle fell off

Contact Roy from this forum, he has had needles made and also does some repair work to ammeters. roy206@hotmail.com

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

And you might consider filling the meter with instrument oil
It dampens the movement of the needle so you can actually read it.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I wonder if there is a cure for this.
I have exactly the same problem.
(caused by some water in the amp meter)

The needle axle should be dry and not ad oil or something...it will pick up dust wich result in a bad moving needle.
If the seal between bezel and glass is good water will not drip into the housing

Hi Stuart,

I too had a needle break at the bend on my CZ-27. I carefully glued it back on with a tiny spot of super glue about 5 years ago and is still working strong today.

If you have “surgeons hands” It should hopefully be a quick fix.

1. Remove your headlamp rim and glass.
2. Disconnect the 2 wires that join your CZ-27 Ammeter
3. Gently ease out the complete CZ-27 ammeter out of the head light shell.
4. The bezel of the CZ-27 is secured to the main body by 3 x little “folding clips” that you will need to gently easy upwards out of their grooves away from the main body with a small screwdriver.
5. Very carefully pull the bezel body away from the main body. (DONT FORCE IT. IF YOU SEE THE AMMETER FACE START TO MOVE STOP IMMEDIATELY. You will rip the guts out of the body) & MIND THE GLASS FACE DOS’NT FALL OUT AND DROP ON THE FLOOR.
6. You can then place a little spot of super glue on the hand that has brocken off and offer it back to its breaking point.
7. Allow to dry and put back together.

Good luck Stuart:

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

I built a CZ27 ammeter recently out of parts I had laying around,and I found the best way of disassembling bezel from main ammeter body is prise the three clips at the sides then place ammeter face down onto a cotton reel then push the bezel downwards keeping the body held firmly, this way you don,t damage the needle as if you pull the bezel off it also pulls the face plate with it and bends/breaks the needle. Dave T

Dear All

Many thanks for all the advice. I will try gluing the needle back together over the weekend and hopefully that will solve the issue.

Regards

Stuart

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Nieuwe pagina 1