Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil breather pipe

Hi friends, one question
But where should the oil breather pipe coming out of the engine block be bent? I made him throw the oil on the sprocket of the transmission chain, but I don't know if he went to throw it on the ground or there, from the photos you don't understand ...
Does a lot of oil come out of that vent?

Thank you

https://imgur.com/gallery/MyrE8V1

email (option): bongiovanni1988@libero.it

Re: Oil breather pipe

Hi Mauro,

That tube is pretty long and it ends just below the frame. There is a small hole in the tube right in front of the chain to oil the chain.

Henk

DSC01912
DSC01913

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thank you, precious photos and news.
I still ask you a couple of news:

Much oil comes out of that pipe?

The path then would be that it goes towards the pinion, folds at that photo and then folds about 90 ° going downwards, right?

With the oil sump guard installed, should the tube come out of the hole on the bottom plate? or would you throw the oil freely on the ground?

Thank

email (option): bongiovanni1988@libero.it

When your crankcase breather is working as it should it will only loose a few drops of oil. There is a small disc in the crankcase breather that should be able to open en close freeley so the engine can breath out but not in to create a vacuum in the engine. The oil that end up in the tube will lubricate the chain but some will end up on the floor.

Henk

Hi Henk,
Could you give some measurements of the pipe please?

Scott

email (option): larkesr@geemail.com

Hi Scott,

The total length of the tube is 36 cm.

The tube is 1/4" copper tube that originally would have been cadmium plated it seems.

The little oil mist hole is at 18.5 cm from the top and the hole is about 1.5 mm facing the chain.

The tube in the earlier post is a home made one of 6 mm tube which I am not going to use as I found an original.

Henk

One more thing, Henk, is there a clamp or something at the end.
Or is it hanging loose ?
I never came across one

As far as I know it's only connected to the crankcase breather and just hanging loose.

Henk.

Nieuwe pagina 1