Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3gw logo!

Hi all, got together with Ron pier few days ago and again thanks so much for advise and the tour! Ron,
Anyway we both researched best as we could to sort out the rank logo colour of the triumph decal on a 3hw 1944,
Classic transfers suggest gold with white outline, but some pics seem to show it in white with dark outline, does anyone out thh by ere in 3hw cyber land and think they can add any information on this?
Cheers all
Simon

Re: Triumph 3gw logo!

This is what I have and is the only one that "Classic transfers" list for the War years? Ron
https://classictransfers.co.uk/product/triumph-6512-112x32mm/

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the link Ron, think I will go with that version,

Simon,

My 1942 very original Triumph has white traces of "Triumph" decals on the tank...

IMG-7683

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Thanks lost as for the pic , does it also look white on other side as research seems to point to a gold logo?

Both sides have white marks...

20200124-155329

image hosting online

20200124-155314

image hosting online

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Kostas, interesting to see that your fork damper has a wingnut and not the usual doughnut. But I've found this picture which seems to come from contract C13948 which also has the wingnut.

Velocette fitted near identical Webb forks to both their WD models, the first models MDD had the wingnut and the MAF had the doughnut.
DSC-0618-zpsz8pamqa9

I can't find a picture that clearly shows the original tank transfer and the remains on Kostas's tank are too vague to be conclusive. The only white transfer at Classic Transfers is listed for just the 63/64 Thuxton Bonnies. I've found several pictures of those.

https://classictransfers.co.uk/product/triumph-6513-111x33mm/ Ron

dscf0815-jpg-opt882x661o0-0s882x661

No doubt about it: Kostas' transfer is gold with white outline! Clearly visible!!!

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks a million Jan. Once again your eyesight is better than mine! :relaxed: Ron

There is also a transfer on top of the tank too, I have an original tank with the transfers still on it, plus most of its original paint, I'm sure I showed it on here some time ago, when I get back home tonight I will have a look at the laptop albums I think I have some photos of the tank.

I didn't know that Steve! None of the few original 3HW pictures I have, show the top of the tank. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

The WD SV's had a single metal badge on the top of the tank. Ron

Views of the original tank and its transfers,colours have faded over the past 75 odd years,the transfer on the top is the instructions that are also on page 3 of the rider handbook.

Below is my 3HW which I restored in 1996/7 it was found in Italy,I got the transfers from the VMCC stall at Stanford Hall,they look a bit larger than the ones on the original tank,will measure them tomorrow.

Magic! Thanks Steve. Ron

And like double decker buses....Here's pictures of another original tank arrived. Same as Steve's
I think I'm right in saying that VMCC get their transfers from "Classic Transfers" Ron
IMG-5567-zps5ef608c1

IMG-5565-zpsa0f817b5-1

The transfers on the original tank are 4 inches long, the VMCC transfers on my tank are 4-1/4 inches long, the classictransfers transfer is 112mm long (4-1/4) so could be the same ones as the VMCC, also the transfers on my bike are in the wrong position they should be at least 2 inches more forward, I wonder if the 3SW also had the instructions transfer on its tanks as well, the classictransfers transfer also looks like the correct colours gold/white/black out lines.

Great pic all and big thank you, so.... how do we get hold of the top transfer instructions?????

Those are not made to my knowledge! As Doc pointed out to me, the steering damper instruction is academic to the last contracts of 3HW's as the steering damper was deleted. Would they have still fitted the same transfer? Ron

Hmmm good question Ron, but they may have, if I could read the full copy I could get some wet transfers made?

Simon,
if you were looking to get transfers made please count me in for a couple.
Regards,
Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1