Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Frame stampings

Anyone know the reason some BSA WM20 frames were stamped CRS ? I have this stamp on my 41 WM20 just after the frame number and have seen others with such a stamp.May be applicable to other WD machines.
Maybe a REME stamping?

Re: Frame stampings

Hi Dave,

I have just found an M20 front frame on eBay witch also has CRS stamped on it. So it’s got to be of significance, but what?

Have a look on ebay under “M20 Frame”. The seller makes a note in the description that CRS may apply to the REME Workshops?

If I mange to find out what it means I will post my findings.

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Because Colin Reginald Standwell certified it as being good :grinning:
Could also be a mark showing it needed some "mechanical rectification"
There ar literally hundreds os stampings all over the engine & frame used by the factory.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I've been keeping a Register for the WD Royal Enfields for over 13 years now, and I have never seen this marking on an Enfield frame. Must have been a BSA thing...

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I have the same on my 1941 frame... I think it was probably done at the factory as the letters are the same size as the frame numbers. Probably the person that built the bike up?

email (option): parkin.gary@orange.fr

I always thought CRS was Co-operative Retail Society, ie, the umbrella organisation for the High Street shops and the folk who paid your divvy!
REgards, Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1