Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1939 WM20 query ?

Im making a start collecting the pieces for My 1939 WM20 but am a bit unsure regarding certain items ? Could any knowledgeable member please enlighten Me as to 1/ forks ..Mine are the type without the rubber shock absorbers to the handlebars , 2/ which model headlamp would My WM20 have been fitted originally & 3/ which model of blackout mask please , 4/ which drive for the speedometer ?

Many Thanks in advance ..I have studied the literature I own but these details seem very obscure ?

email (option): s.foster11@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: 1939 WM20 query ?

There were a number of answers to your intial question on the other thread :-

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1422727&cmd=show

There were a number of changes through 1939 and a 'W' M20 would be a 1940 model year machine, produced after September 1939.

No headlamp mask for 1939, but various coloured paints applied by the BEF and a cut manilla paper mask inserted behind the glass in the UK.

Engine and frame numbers are a necessary starting point before being able to advise here.

Many Thanks Rik ,

Later this week I shall spend some time on the bike & post the frame & engine numbers , etc .

Im not overly worried about complete 00% originality as the engine & frame may even have been matched later after this length of time ?

I will do My best with it but am aiming to use as many of the parts the bike came with .

I wonder if the existing DU42 brackets will accept the earlier DU142 headlamp or need replacing ?

Regards Steve ..

The existing DU42 brackets will accept the earlier DU142 headlamp perfectly.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thank You Henk .

Next question ..does Anyone have a DU142 Headlamp for sale ? LOL !

Nieuwe pagina 1