Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 riders handbooks.

These riders handbooks are from my collection,below are two early ones both KM.

Below is the the earliest WM I have.

The next four are from engine and frame numbers WM2O 14,OO1 to WM2O 42,OOO.

Below is the front inside cover of my latest one (last week) with two C numbers the cover is shown above contract No C6654.

The ones below are later ones.

Re: BSA M20 riders handbooks.

I wish i had c6654.i have the earlier contractbook wich isnt correct for me

That's a nice set, Steve...the Norton books show a similar progression from contract-specific manuals to the REME / Air Publications system. Do the BSA contract-marked books differ internally ? The Norton books are hopeless - based on a circa 1936 civilian book, with incorrect spark plug grades, incorrect timing information and details on the OHV and OHC range...But for each contract they faithfully printed a new cover...Probably just to amuse completionist collectors, eighty years later.:grinning:

My treasured finds though are Spare Parts lists, especially if they have the extra LV6 / 7 and Tools & Equipment pages...There is much to be learned from those.

Yes there is differences between them, the early ones have 52 pages, the scruffy cover one contract C12424 has only 40 pages, 100/B.C.2 has 52 pages then 100/B.C.2A and all the later ones have 56 pages, also the covers of 100/B.C.2 and 100/B.C.2A show that the piled arms changed over to the winged BSA motif.

Nieuwe pagina 1