Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trw pannier carriers

i brought a pair of pannier carriers from wd register and very good they are for my 1964 triumph trw but i have a problem with the rear brake side when i fit it it fowls the brake rod it looks like there must be some spacers on this side i have looked on line and the pictures i see show there is not any spacers the rear mud guard stay is 2cm longer on one side to the other it new old stock could anybody show me any pictures or advice to help me thanks roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: trw pannier carriers

Have you got the two brackets that bolt to the front of the pannier frames, the brake rod passes over the left hand one.

Steve no i have not what do they look like but the problem is that the pannier frame need to have at least a 4cm spacer at the top to clear the brake rod thanks roger

I don't know much about TRW's .....Far too modern for me! But they share the same rear pannier support as the 3HW and possibly the front ones too? In which case, when fitted the frame leans out at the bottom. Would have to check in the 3HW parts list about spacers, but I don't think there are any? 4cm? That's about 1 5/8"?? Ron
3HW-112

3HW-237

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

That's a Norton 16H lower front bracket you have there Ron!

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

Ah that's why it didn't line up with the holes. Ron

These screen shot photos show the Triumph TRW panniers and support stay plus the two brackets on the front,they are the same as the 3HW set up,the brake rod passes over the left hand bracket,can show a bracket and its special bolt but not till the weekend,they do look near enough the same as the Norton.

Please do show the correct front brackets Steve. I've never understood why the holes don't line up, because I thought all the pannier frames are drilled the same, so Norton and Triumph brackets should both fit the same? Ron

thanks guys it solved the problem now i have got to find or make some thanks roger

Fortunately I've found a correct pair for my 3HW in my spares cupboard. Ron
DSCF2146

Hi Ron,yes the ones you found are correct for the TRW/3HW,have shown the special bolt as well.

Below are the Triumph and Norton brackets compared.

Ron would these fit my 1964 triumph trw if so are they for sale also why 2 bolt hole to hold them to the pannier frame shouldn't 1 hole be sufficient roger the poor man wd motorcycle

Roger, as discussed previously in this thread, the one on the left in your picture is the similar Norton type. You can see in Steve's pictures that they are mounted to the frame with two bolts. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1