Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton B4 forum cover picture

Nice one Henk, have to see if I have this one or not, could you mail me a big version of it? just in case.

Some notes, nice big yellow blob of gas-detection paint on the headlamp, and the very difficult to find Dunlop Sports tyre as a spare.

No mag's in the early Thompsons, so is a very staged photograph.

Bike is from a late 1940 contract, and number plate holder is split at the bottom, as they all do after a while. (of hard riding!)

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Re: Norton B4 forum cover picture

On it's way.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hello henk do you have also one for me.

Gr marcel jansen

email (option): mgd.jansen@kpnmail.nl

Yep, no problem.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Me too please Henk.

Cheers Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Lex, I clearly don't ride hard enough or the cracked number plate is a Big 4 problem that doesn't affect the 16H...They are a bigger banger of course so they probably do vibrate more (perhaps therefore the retention of the damped handlebars)...or is it harmonics due to the short tailpiece ?

The machine certainly appears to have done a reasonable mileage looking at the tread on the rear tyre - ditto the spare.

Rik, I had the tailpiece split twice also! now strengthened with a strip inside, and that cured it, but then the number plate holder cracked, exactly the same as pictured above! so must be the extra stroke maybe, engine doesn't feel unbalanced or vibrating excessively, but I have been putting some serious miles on it, need a rear tyre again!! (3rd one in 10 years!)

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

Surprised no one else has mentioned this but the spare wheel on the sidecar only appears to have 2 of the bolt holes in the hub!

Was the third hole used with a wheel bolt to secure the spare on its main mounting? Thoughts please including any that may suggest I should visit Specsavers.

Well, it's only held on with the center bolt, so don't know what us going on there?? Will check on the higher resolution pictures Henk sent me.

Cheers, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

What I can see is some sort of peg in the third hole to stop the wheel spinning.

Can I have it in high res too please Henk?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1