Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic green machine...

Well it is a bit green...Here's my latest project that's now taking shape after a year or more workshop time.....A 'traditional' Goldie café racer...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Off topic green machine...

Is that you Ian in the oil tank :eye:

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nice bike Ian! Be proud of it.

Cheers

André

That looks fantastic Ian, when can I have a go :grinning:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Lovely Jubley Ian and different to the usual black and silver. Can you still ride such a thing though? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I think the correct British word for this is "proper".

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

['Can you still ride such a thing though? ...']

:laughing: ..Well I can get on it OK...I suspect there may be some pain involved in riding it any distance though...However, it's only for running about locally on nice days in the summer...I'll grit my teeth, pretend I'm 20 again and try to look cool...:sunglasses: ...Ian

I used to run my DBD 34 Gold Star through the A.38 underpasses in Birmingham at 2.00am in the morning - never was there a better sound than the music from the silencer reverberating from the concrete walls of these structures.

I can thoroughly recommend it and your machine looks absolutely ideal for such a run. The sound will live in your memory forever.

Absolutely beautiful Ian.
I am as green as she is!

OMG
Ian, you are an artist ! Simply stunning
D

email (option): d.wrudd at Sky.com

Very nice!!
Should imagine a fair few tubes of Autosol have expired over it :grinning:

email (option): gino_kerekes@yahooooo.co.uk

I'm gonna bump this thread every day just so I can keep lookin' at it.

email (option): btcoop77069@aol.com

Thanks for the positive comments..
I've now progressed from a large list of big jobs to a large list of small jobs...For those that are interested it has a long stroke 94mm Pearson crank, 90mm bore oversize barrel with Wiseco forged piston giving 600cc, ABSAF high capacity oil pump, NEB clutch (still with primary chain), a 36mm 1000 series Concentric carb, scrambles cams and a standard gearbox...

Basically I wanted an engine with lot's of midrange grunt that is sweet on the road and easy to live with...I can't say I'm really a fan of GP carbs and the RRT2 gearbox for road use!...Front wheel is Norton with a John Tickle replica TLS brake plate fitted...BSA forks are retained...The rear shocks are Hagon stainless steel units...The aim was to build a period café racer using (externally) period parts that could have been seen on the road in the early to mid 70's...I got lucky with the petrol tank, it's a NOS 1970s 'Motorway' tank that is no longer available...The seat 'hump' is made from the rear section of a damaged tank of the same type for which the front section was fabricated from scratch....

The bike below is a Rocket Gold Star that I owned in the 70s and used as a rough template for the Goldie...Ian

Here's the seat in the very early stages!!....Ian

Nice looking machine Ian..

My mate bought a Goldie the bike of his dreams but he could not ride it as his beer gut got in the way and he could.nt reach the clip ons..:sweat_smile: ended up fitting a pair of Vincent straights. My Tribsa also came to me with all the Dow goodies fitted but I can,t ride with clip ons never could so now has standard Goldie tank with roadster bars but could do with a pair of rear sets...It,s nice to have a reasonably fast bike can,t ride everywhere on a sidevalve..

Stunning Ian, simply stunning! The tank logo looks perfect now, see you soon buddy.

email (option): johnboywalton13@msn.com

Thanks Jim...and thanks also for the help with the seat fabrication....Ian:laughing:

Fantastic job Ian! Very, very nice!!!
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1