Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Information on 1945 Triumph 3HW Appreciated

Hello All:
I just acquired a 1945 Triumph 3HW Frame No TL 53436 and Motor 63436 with TEC 1/45 and C6101436. I emailed Ron and he suggested maybe Rik might have some information on this motorcycle as to its history (or maybe some other forum member might shed some insight if records exist of its dispatch). As I understand it, these late war production units were dispatched to Africa, Middle or Far East. Any insight into this unit or contract S6680 units near the same frame number history would be appreciated. Thanks.

I will be needing a few items for it, but I will save that for a later post after the 3HW arrives at its new home.:grinning:
Doc

email (option): h2odoc@nmt.edu

Re: Any Information on 1945 Triumph 3HW Appreciated

Yes many of the late Triumph 3HW contract bikes went to the Far East and Middle East,some were sent to Littlewoods at Liverpool to be taken apart and boxed,also some went to SGB in Dudley (Stourbridge Glazed Brick) which is not far from where I live,contract S 668O is also when they changed over to head light switch under the saddle and DP lamp mask from engine No 3HW 64352 to 3HW 71417.

Re: Any Information on 1945 Triumph 3HW Appreciated

Steve:
Thanks for the reply and information; by chance, is there any WD documentation or factory records other than what you mentioned on where the S6680 contract 3HWs may have been shipped? Maybe what units? I know it is probably a long shot! Again thanks!
Doc

email (option): H2odoc@nmt.edu

Nieuwe pagina 1