Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magneto

Hi
Wat do I need tot convert the Magneto from R/H to L/H ? Are these parts available.

Cheers
John

email (option): John.kater@chello.nl

Re: Magneto

I think you just have to change the cam plate. And maybe the whole points housing if you want to alter the slack/tight wire thing. What bike is it going on? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron, It is WM20 and a MO1L. IT is about the wire.

OK John I thought you meant the rotation. I take it you have a slack wire mag? (Cable to the left of the points) You need to find a points housing with the cable on the right. For some reason these seem easier to find. Remove the points and the four fixings and just change it over. The cam plate remains the same and is held in with a simple wire clip around it's outside.

Ron

Ron, Just bought an endplate/housing on eBay. By the way I have a "tight wire" model. As far as I can see IT is easy tot change.

Cheers
John

That's right John. Apart from Royal Enfield, they were all tight wire advance. Ron

You may also have to re shim the armature again if you have changed the end plate. This is due to the bearing track that may not sit in the same position as it did in the old cover.

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1