Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gearbox query, Ian?

Hi
I've been attempting to rebuild the gearbox on my WM20 .I've been trying to find the oil flinger washer 24-4235 ,the one that sits behind the spacer 24-4237 on the end of the mainshaft before the inner cover goes on. I tried all the usual dealers scoured the net and managed to find one in Germany (their last one), I need another just incase my other gearbox hasn't one fitted.

With it seemingly being a difficult part to find, once I get the one from Germany and have the pattern would it be worth finding someone to make some ?(depending on quantity and cost)also would anyone else be interested in them ? reason I ask its to see what interest and numbers before I go ahead and see if I can get some made , or can someone on the forum make them for me ;)

I have read that some M20's probably left the factory without these washers fitted! Where it fits wouldn't this be classed as a combined spacer/oil flinger washer and if not fitted wouldn't this cause premature wear in the gearbox .I have also read while scouring the internet this washer isn't critical?,surely if this is fitted as per factory its fitted for a reason, now things are getting a little confusing reading different views on it .

Re: Gearbox query, Ian?

Pleased to say the oil flinger washer turned up ,so I now have a pattern.

Nieuwe pagina 1