Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front Wheel in forks.

Hi just doing a dry assembly before paintwork. Just finished lacing the front wheel, assembled the speedo drive with the washer inside and two on the outside. Installed into forks to recheck alignment, then noticed the rim is over to the left as you look from the front. Obviously the speedo drive etc takes up room, but didn't expect it to throw the wheel over so much. Did the offset as shown in the diagrams here. Been try to find a pic of a bike from the front but no joy. Can anyone advise please? Also has anyone got a pic of the correct worm for the drive? Thanks again, nearly there, Dave.

email (option): dwmcrofts@btinternet.com

Re: Front Wheel in forks.

The WM20 forks are splayed out on the left side to accommodate the speedo drive. So the center of the rim needs to be in line with the center of the mudguard support which in turn is in the center of the frame.

What worm are you referring to? Speedo drive? The M20 Speedo drive is fairly unique as most are the other rotation. I have a NOS M20 Speedo drive if needed £80 plus post. Ron
Scan-140318-0001<

M20-146

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, the pic was what I needed. Yes it aligns nicely with the mudguard mount, and lines up nicely with the rear so my worries are over thank you. Bought a new phone last week and can't download pics yet. I took one of the speedo drive worm (the small drive fitting the cable) and can't get it off the phone. I was swapping parts into a casing to change the direction then the box got knocked over and guess what, only one drive there! My fault. Can't tell now if I have the right one or not, hence asking if anyone had a pic. Great to know you have one through if my search doesn't recover the other. Will be in touch after I've ransacked all possible hiding places. I can't remember now the turning direction which would help as I haven't the speedo to match up!

The M20 speedo drive is:- Turn the drive dogs clockwise and the cable drive should also be clockwise. Most that you pick up and try are the wrong rotation. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Brilliant, thank you.

Nieuwe pagina 1