Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil flinger washer Mainshaft M20

I'm at last just in the process of putting the gearbox back together on the WM20 .I can't get hold of the oil flinger washer 24-4235 that sits behind the spacer 24-4237 on the mainshaft before the inner cover goes on .

Is the oil flinger washer critical ,I can't remember seeing one when I dismantled it .

Dave

Re: Oil flinger washer Mainshaft M20

Hi Dave,
As an oil flinger I suppose that it's not that critical but as a spacer it certainly is. without it there will be too much end float on the main shaft.

Thanks Matty , I was wondering if that might be a problem .I'll have to see if I can find the dimensions of the oil flinger and try find a washer/spacer that will do the job.
Cheers
Dave

I've scoured the internet and have managed to find a dealer in Germany that can supply me with the oil flinger :+1:

The oil flinger is slightly dished, when fitting place the raised inner portion of the oil flinger washer against the gear.

I must admit that had crossed my mind and was wondering which way would be correct , thanks again Matty.

Dave

Well I did find a dealer in Germany that said they could supply the offending washer for 5 Euro .Well emailed them twice now and getting no response:face_with_rolling_eyes: ,so maybe not enough cash spent with them to warrant sending a couple , ah well back to scouring tinternet .

Nieuwe pagina 1