Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rare Royal Enfield engine for sale on eBay

There is currently a rare Model D engine for sale on eBay UK:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-Royal-Enfield-350-Side-Valve-Engine-Cylinder-Crank-Cases/264320190116?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D541871d8695641fdb5f9434faf0d24a3%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D264320190116%26itm%3D264320190116%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2045573&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

This is the only surviving engine from the two contracts for militarised Model D motorcycles (C/7375 and C/7945). A similar motorcycle was recently featured here.

It would be great if this engine could be saved! Anyone...?

Regards,
Jan

email (option): wd.register(at)gmail.com

Re: rare Royal Enfield engine for sale on eBay

Well someone bought it this morning. Anyone here? I would have otherwise!
REgards, Mark

It wasn't me... :-) But I'd also like to get in touch with the new owner!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register(at)gmail.com

Mark M
Well someone bought it this morning. Anyone here? I would have otherwise!
REgards, Mark
Mark I have best part of a WD/D engine going cheap from contract C3739 #D1596 with inspectors stamp. Email me for pictures of what I have if interested. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi all

I have enough parts to build 2 model d engines if anyone looking .
I also have a running model which I am thinking of selling also if anyone interested
Regards
Carl

email (option): carl.chezz@cwgsy.net

Carl armitage
Hi all

I also have a running model which I am thinking of selling also if anyone interested
Regards
Carl
Sorry what I should have said I have a fully restored Model D with lots of spare parts inc enough parts to build 2 more engines
Regards
Carl

Carl armitage
Hi all

Regards
Carl
Sorry what I should have said I have a fully restored Model D with lots of spare parts inc enough parts to build 2 more engines
Regards
Carl

Hi gents.

It was me that purchased the engine.

I hope to rebuild the engine to its former originality.

Ultimately I am looking to build a complete bike!

If anyone has any spares or can point me in the right direction please do let me know.

Carl, I will drop you an email.

I will post some more pictures once it arrives.

Steve

email (option): findingsteveo@hotmail.com

Ron, thanks for the offer. What I meant is that I'd have bought it if there was no interest, Cambridge isn't far from me, in fact I'll be working there next week. I like to have a 'wild card' project in the wings, the current one being a 1956 Indian Trailblazer (RE Super Meteor really!) I will be watching your rebuild Steve, good luck!
REgards, Mark

Hitchcock's had a couple of Trailblazer projects recently and I was toying with the idea. I'm in the "Indian Riders Club" but not so keen on foot clutch riding. But I do have enough on my plate and my easy to ride Indian special anyway! Ron
Scan-20190904

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nice...I had a couple of Constellations way back, along with many other Enfields that included a couple of unusual ones...

I still consider them to be under rated by most...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes, the specification on these "Indians" was quite advanced for the time, Monobloc carb, SR2 magneto, sensible prop stand, long swinging arm (the UK bikes only got this for the Interceptors in 1963!) 18" rear wheel, all with an engine that was basically a single carb Constellation. I also have a Chief project so quite a bit to be going on with! And if you really want to go down the authentic period looking route there are a host of US made Indian badged accessories to collect.
REgards, Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1