Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rubber covered cable.

Hello all,
I am looking for rubber cable for the 16h and a couple of other bikes Im doing, I have tried Tim Green, Vehicle Wiring Products and others but no luck. Looking back on the forum, 2014, I see that Cables for Classics were suppliers but I cant find any trace of them now. Help please!
Thanks, Tony

Re: Rubber covered cable.

I have rubber cable wiring on my non wd bikes, and just enough left to rewire them,so not for sale, but one thing to bear in mind is that the rubber cover does not last very long at all, and the filth sold as fuel these days will ruin it very quickly if it comes in contact.

I'm after a supplier for the 'slip on' coloured cable identifier sleeves..Any recommendations?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian I bought a small bag of varying colours (with cable) some years ago from info@classicwiring.co.uk 01204 884383. I'm getting low now. If you have any luck with the contacts, maybe you could double your requirements and share them with me. I use a very fine thin nose pliers to expand them enough to get the cable through......But sometimes they split.:angry: Ron
16H-013

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I used this to rewire my 1937 Ariel Looks exactly the part for rubber covered wire.

https://www.awcwire.com/part.aspx?partname=m13486/1-5

Note: You will have to copy and paste the above web address.

M13486/1-5 14 Gauge MIL-C-13486 Cable

Our M13486/1-5 cable is part of our Mil-Spec Wire & Cable line. M13486/1-5 is composed of a 19/.0142 stranded tinned copper conductor with a Hypalon (CSPE) insulation. These cables have 19 strands, have a temperature range of -65°C to 90°C, and weigh approximately 22 lbs/MFT. Some characteristics of these cables include excellent flexibility, even at low temperatures and resistance to abrasion, fluids, weather, and fungus in exposed situations. MIL-C-13486 cables may be used on all types of military ground vehicles, such as tanks, trailers, trucks and jeeps.

100 feet for $50 USD

email (option): 37ariel@gmail.com

Hi Ron...I'll make an enquiry tomorrow and get back to you....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi all,

I have bought a complete set of slip on cable identifiers in the Netherlands for 6,95 euro. See link below:

https://www.martoparts.nl/pakket-krimpkous

Website is in Dutch. I have bought this package because it has all the correct colours in the correct thickness to use on a M20. Quality is good and it's cheap!

I have a few reels with the correct rubber covered cable laying around. 1 reel has 25 meter on it, price is 40 euro excluding postage.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1