Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA INTERNATIONAL LINE UP MORETON IN MARSH

Saturday 10th August 2019, set off for BSA International Moreton in Marsh 202 mile trip, Howling Gales, Torrential Rain Storms, Thunder and Lightning.
took 8/9 hours slogging away fully loaded, Who dares Wins. BSA WD M20.
BSA International Line up Moreton in marsh Cricket Club, about 430 Bikes in Line Up.

A few photos to ponder over.

13,JPG

Re: BSA INTERNATIONAL LINE UP MORETON IN MARSH

Did you do the ride out too the Bike Museum on the Thursday. I haven't ridden in such bad weather for a long time. Soon found out that the water proof clothing wasn't. Were you in one of the accommodation blocks or camping?

Nice pictures. How about the BSA with "Indian" style mudguards ?

Ian Clare
Did you do the ride out too the Bike Museum on the Thursday. I haven't ridden in such bad weather for a long time. Soon found out that the water proof clothing wasn't. Were you in one of the accommodation blocks or camping?
HI Ian
Bottled out on the ride, was camping, had a Kyham Biker tent, the wind was so strong it was blowing the back of the tent nearly level with the ground, had to put the motorbike at the rear of the tent to to tie the guy ropes to the bike horizontally 2 foot off the ground. :fearful:

Michael
Nice pictures. How about the BSA with "Indian" style mudguards ?
Hi Michael
Don't know who owned that bike, it looked different with the vallanced mudguards, someone on the forum may be able to tell us the type of guards and which model they were originally attached to.
JB

JohnB
Ian Clare
Did you do the ride out too the Bike Museum on the Thursday. I haven\'t ridden in such bad weather for a long time. Soon found out that the water proof clothing wasn\'t. Were you in one of the accommodation blocks or camping?
HI Ian
Bottled out on the ride, was camping, had a Kyham Biker tent, the wind was so strong it was blowing the back of the tent nearly level with the ground, had to put the motorbike at the rear of the tent to to tie the guy ropes to the bike horizontally 2 foot off the ground. :fearful:
Well you should have come down here for the 2018 international
The mexicans did manage to organize proper motorcycling weather

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I thought that the 2018 International was in Aus. I know that Trump has problems with the Mexicans but I didn't know they were in Aus as well.

trevor
JohnB
Ian Clare
Did you do the ride out too the Bike Museum on the Thursday. I haven\\\'t ridden in such bad weather for a long time. Soon found out that the water proof clothing wasn\\\'t. Were you in one of the accommodation blocks or camping?
HI Ian
Well you should have come down here for the 2018 international
The mexicans did manage to organize proper motorcycling weather
Hi Trev
beat you to Australia, it's alleged that in 1850 a distant relative went to Van Diemens Land , not by choice, on the Ship BARETTO JUNIOR with another 189 reluctant passengers!
All tickets paid for by British Government!
JB

Ian Clare
I thought that the 2018 International was in Aus. I know that Trump has problems with the Mexicans but I didn't know they were in Aus as well.
The real Mexican, thems what live south of THE border :smile:

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

[ '..had a Kyham Biker tent, the wind was so strong it was blowing the back of the tent nearly level with the ground, had to put the motorbike at the rear of the tent to to tie the guy ropes to the bike horizontally 2 foot off the ground...' ]

I've used Kyham (Highlander) tents for years...Highly recommended for touring...I agree though, a couple of additional guy ropes attached to the poles on the windward side are a requirement in very windy conditions...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
[ '..had a Kyham Biker tent, the wind was so strong it was blowing the back of the tent nearly level with the ground, had to put the motorbike at the rear of the tent to to tie the guy ropes to the bike horizontally 2 foot off the ground...' ]

I've used Kyham (Highlander) tents for years...Highly recommended for touring...I agree though, a couple of additional guy ropes attached to the poles on the windward side are a requirement in very windy conditions...Ian
Hi Ian
Good suggestion regards the spare ten poles in the wind, will take it up.
Thanks
JB

Well bugger me...! That's MY bike in the first two photos...!! Its my Canadian tribute, made it there did the museum ride in the rain, and made it home. All the while the dynamo did its job, seems the brushes were indeed the reason it was playing up before, I lost the rear brake on the way to the Rally. That turned out to be the brake arm on the drum losing its nut, a dodgy size 20tpi luckily I got one at the Rally. Then two bolts that hold the carrier on fell out, bloody pot holes..! But we did it, no matter what eh..?

Oh and one last *Problem* me Speedo doesn't tell me how fast I'm going now, that just waves it's needle at me, the miles tick round but the Speed just bounces up and down..? Wonderful taking my American chums to the Ace Cafe with that, and all them Speed cameras around..!

G'day Shaun,
I'm no expert in regards to chronometric speedos but some times they just need opening up, cleaning and then lubricating with a light oil.

Great set of photos John and it was nice to meet up with you in person at last.

Wavy speedo is due to speedo clutch slipping, probably due to water getting into speedo. I had same problem which was fixed by a clean and new bezel seal. Well, it was fixed until she next sat out in rain overnight in JOG! Its back to repairer tomoz.

I was taking the Three Wheeler to Moreton and had to beg a lift on a shared trailer to get a bike to the rally so had to take Bantam rather than M20 so that my excuse for going awol.

I noticed that Gary's AA M21 was sporting a new concentric carb. Gary said he was tempted to try it to see if it was better than his (new) 276. He reports easier starting and increased performance.

Took the Speedo to bits today, and realised it's way beyond me..! So it's going to Peter Bond, that lad usual does all my Speedo repairs, can't recommend him highly enough. The bike didn't get too wet, as it was under my canopy which also covered me tent at the Rally...

Off to Oostende this Friday for the MTO Rally, but that's a ride with another from the collection, a 40's bike from America, wonder if it'll make it...?

Nieuwe pagina 1