Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: M20 sump guard info

I have got a engine sump guard that differs from the standard clamp version that you see on most M20s. This is flat plate, the profile of the frame is correct with the hole. However, it has two clips, front and back that allows the frame bolts to go through and does not go high up on the frame. The clamp style is not there at all. It uses the frame bolts to secure to the body.

Here is the same model.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bsa+m20+sump+guard&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwirzp7nsoHkAhWGX8AKHdfeA2UQ_AUoAXoECA8QAQ&biw=360&bih=572&dpr=3#imgrc=5RQ3_dGC_gj8YM

Question, will this work for a Wartime M20?

Thanks

Danny

email (option): burt.danny@yahoo.co.uk

Yes that is the early pattern sump guard as fitted the my 1940 bike. The later pattern had rounded sides and a U bolt at the front......I don't know when the change took place though?....without research! Ron

M20-036

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

That looks like one of the replica ones that I manufactured....Have you acquired the bike recently?....I think from memory the 'early' pattern sump guard (which that is) was fitted until late 1943....Like Ron, I would have to check again to confirm the exact changeover date....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1