Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triumph 3 HW

Please provide the frame number.Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

And a photo maybe..?

When it is done - I do not like to brag about unfinished work :)

email (option): chalupnym@centrum.cz

Michal Chalupný
Hello - it is possible to find out from what the serial number of the frame (engine), month of manufacture or contract on the Triumph 3HW used "bitten" tank :grinning: . Thanks
But another question - production is April 1943 - the color should be S.C.C. 2? On some parts - springs, screws is preserved green ....

You're not really giving us a lot of information to go on. Assuming that date and number are confirmed, all that really indicates is the production date of the main frame section. Any other part could have been added or altered at a later date.

I have an MCR1 Regulator cover which is dated 2/43 and is clearly SCC No.2 Brown inside and all the information indicates that it continued all through 1943 and into the early part of 1944.

3HWs were in service generally until the late 1940s and perhaps longer with other nations...plenty of time to have had a mix and match rebuild and coat of green paint (which colour green ? )

Clearly - the frame and engine number correspond to TEC 4.43. green is very faded - does not match any shade http://www.auradesign.eu/camo_p_br.htm
  - I tend to believe that everything was originally SCC 2. Thanks for confirming my theory. M.

Nieuwe pagina 1