Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Description of the Matchless motorcycle

Some motorcycles that served in Italy came with units which had previously been in North Africa. Vehicles which had been repainted there are likely to have been in a colour known as 'Light Stone' but although this is sometimes seen in Sicily and Southern Italy, they tended to be overpainted.

As your Matchless is from 1943, it would not have been repainted in North Africa.

There is no BS number for "Khaki Gas proof Number 3". Debates about KG3 can be long and tedious. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ok, only just seen this, have not much more info, 52885 is in the Key Cards, and had C5260285 as census number, and was still used by the British Army in 1956 with the M.E.L.F.

So 94 bikes different frame number 52979 would have had C5260379 on the petrol tank.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net (think about this!)

Lex Schmidt
Ok, only just seen this, have not much more info, 52885 is in the Key Cards, and had C5260285 as census number, and was still used by the British Army in 1956 with the M.E.L.F.

So 94 bikes different frame number 52979 would have had C5260379 on the petrol tank.

Hope this helps,

Lex
Thanks for the research you have done. So the contract number on the tank is there. For the color it seems that the yellow khaki is not appropriate for 1943. Its color is a brown like from the table you gave me. At this point I can start with the restoration. I have asked many questions because the bike will be ASI Automobile Club Italiano certified, and they will do their research. I will certainly ask for news in progress. Greetings.

email (option): friulaffilatura@libero.it

Lex Schmidt

Hope this helps,

Lex
Thanks for the research you have done. So the contract number on the tank is there. For the color it seems that the yellow khaki is not appropriate for 1943. Its color is a brown like from the table you gave me. At this point I can start with the restoration. I have asked many questions because the bike will be ASI Automobile Club Italiano certified, and they will do their research. I will certainly ask for news in progress. Greetings.

Nieuwe pagina 1