Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fuel tap/fuel pipe adaptors

Thanks Ron .Mine are 1/8 into the tank and 1/4" onto the pipe .I think as you suggest it will probably be easier to change the pipe ends over.
Just me being a bit over fussy :grin: It's nice to find NOS stuff I was hoping not to have to molest it :laughing:

I did find this fitting and wondered if I took the union out of the tap and replaced it with this, it would maybe do the job, or could possibly cause problems with the cork seal ? But I'll go with replacing the ends on the fuel pipe .

Sorry I don't know how to attach a working link to the adaptor but here's a copy and paste link

www.gsparkplug.com/1x-double-bodied-union-1-8-bsp-x-1-4-bsp-for-copper-petrol-fuel-pipe.html

Dave

Those fittings won't work. The end fittings on the Enots taps have concentric ridges which push into the cork. The only solution is to rob some lower fittings from old taps. Be careful how you dismantle these taps, although the bodies have a hexagon form, they won't take being hauled upon by a couple of open-enders if they've been done up for a long time.

Thanks for the info Rik .I'll go with what Ron suggested and change the ends of the pipe , be the easiest route .

Nieuwe pagina 1