Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seat Covers

Hi

About to place an order for 3 seat covers. Has anyone had any experience with this particular cover? Or perhaps can anyone refer me to a supplier that has got a decent cover?

https://www.classicbikeshop.co.uk/large-lycette-type-solo-saddle-cover.html

regards
Brandon

Re: Seat Covers

In the absence of new supplies of 'Rexine' leathercloth, replica saddle covers are a problem area. Modern vinyl is soft and warm to the touch and looks modern...

I don't know this particular supplier, but examining period photographs and New Old Stock and used originals suggest to me that the lower corners were always rounded...The square bottom corner is something that has appeared on quite a lot of recent repros...it won't affect functionality though.

Hi Brandon, I have just replaced the seatcover same as per your link. Seems to be the same as the one I replaced which had been on for 30 plus years
It fitted well. Nice and comfy, but I do put another layer of foam underneath to make it even better 😊
The only problem is it looks too new for my nicely worn looking bike.
I did rub a little wire wool over the cover to take the shine away
Got mine off fleabay for £32 delivered next day. Great service.
Cheers
Tony

Thanks for the info - found a seller on Ebay...cheers!

Brandon

Tony, i measure my seat frame at 31cm front to back however i note these covers all seem to be 14inch long...thats about 35cm front to back.

Could you perhaps send me the link for your supplier - email address supplied.

email (option): brandon@screengraphics.co.za

https://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/component/hikashop/product/11948-

By my calculations the seat cover should be 13inch long and not 14 inch long.I see Draganfly offer one at 13inch has anyone tried their cover?

Can anyone confirm that my estimate of 13 inch long front to rear is correct? i just don't seem to see enough space from the edge of the fuel tank to the rear of the seat frame to fit a 14 inch long seat cover.

Regards
Brandon

email (option): brandon@screengraphics.co.za

Send you some pictures Brandon on your email... Cheers Tony

FWIW I wrap the foam / felt cushion in pallet wrap to stop it getting full of water.
Next I cut the side out of a 3 liter milk bottle to fit directly over the springs.
This stops the springs chomping through the pallet wrap and secondly it prevents the springs sitting for days under damp felt, perfect rust conditions.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

great idea Trevor. I'm trying to think of how this could be done using a gel pad and this might be the way to go. Sadly we do not have 3 litre milk containers here. I'm going to have to use a 1 gallon one.

The first attempt was from the side of a 25l chemical drum but it was not flexiable enough.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I had my original Rexine cover replaced by a canvas one, such as used on AA-guns; I find it more comfortable when the weather is hot and humid.
And I increased the comfort by moving the spring holes of the saddle frame upwards; no more that hard ridge at the rear that hit my coccyx...:grin:

Nieuwe pagina 1