Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 which size sprocket??

Hi all,
The 19 tooth sprocket that came with the bike is past its best and needs replacing.
Any recommendations for tooth count of replacement and supplier. I plan on riding back and forth to work in the summer 26 miles each way.
TIA
Scott

email (option): larkesrATgmail.com

Re: WM20 which size sprocket??

i have NOS if u interested i can send photos
cheers
Hussein

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Scott,
is it 19 tooth on the gear box or on the crankshaft ?

On the crank Michael

email (option): LarkesrATgmail.com

I believe it should be 19 on the crankshaft. And 18 on the gear box.

Or is it the other way round..?
And wouldnt be 2 x 19 be better, for just a little more speed ?

Hi scott

I changed mine to a 20t up front years back

The bike is a little slower in acceleration- every m20 is - needs a bit more down shifting on hills - my motor does need a top end rebuild - but my comfortable cruising speed is now 50/55

I was getting a lot of resonance at speeds near 50 - I lost some nuts & bolts off the bike as a consequence- but now the resonance becomes apparent only above 55

That’s just my own experience- if my Motor was in better order I suspect it would pull better on the hills - acceleration is not something you have an obsession with if you are an m20 rider

😊
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Yes acceleration would imply some sort of performance. M20's gain speed.:laughing:

Hmmmm,
Ok so a 20 tooth to mostly plod to work and back in the Norfolk countryside sounds about right then. As a rule all the tractors limit everyone to 50ish anyway!!
Thanks for commemts everyone, I’ll let you know how it pans out, motor is getting full rebuild, bearings, piston/rings/springs the lot.
Cheers
Scott

email (option): larkesrATgmail.com

Hi,

According to the manual 18T on the crank and 19T on the clutch. But I use 19T on both sides and work fine by me.

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Thats right, 20 is to big I would say.

Nieuwe pagina 1