Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
International Womens Day

As I'm sure everyone knows that today is IWD and a opportunity to celibrate to achievements of more than 50% of the world's population. Make a woman happy and make a difference in the world!
Richard

Re: International Womens Day

When they achieve equality in the Sewage Industry I might begin to believe they really want it...Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
When they achieve equality in the Sewage Industry I might begin to believe they really want it...Ian:laughing:
Oh dear, a misogynist.

That's the trouble these days if you have an opinion you are always told you are wrong. You must go with current thinking.

Don't start with all that PC bull****, or that you know what my view of the world is...I don't hate or despise women...However, I do have a view about some female activists and their arguments....

I certainly don't intend to enter into a discussion about it here though, as this isn't the place for it at all....Ian

But we might take a minute to pay tribute to all the women delivering military trucks, with no power steering or the women who had to fly 20 times the air hours that the men did in planes delivering them to the airfields and in particular the ones shot down by friendly fire accidentally.
And I know a few women plumbers and yes if there is a blocked sewer to clean out they always get sent to do it, usually by themselves.

It is a case of being treated equally and thought about equally.
Nearly all of my customers were women & I was about the only service supplier who looked them in the face, not brests and actually listened to what they wanted done rather than doing what the MEN "knew" should be done regardless if it was right or wrong.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Trouble is Ian that your post does give a strong impression of your views.

I'd better not say anymore...I might be branded a fascist in a minute...or end up with a list of phobias...:laughing: ..Ian

One thing is for sure; more and more women ride a motorcycle these days. That is a good sign.

I remember years ago I was in Amsterdam at a Moto Guzzi garage, run by women. Not a man in sight.
Doing complete rebuilds, including the engine.

I married a foreigner and have two daughters. Every day is an International women day for me. I've cooked dinner two days in a row too, so they'd better not be complaining.

There is a big difference between false PC and showing others respect. and Ian you & I are one with this , PC is all bull dust.
As my wife would regularly remind people , she is perfectly capable of deciding what she finds offensive and definately does not need a man to do this for her, especially as they are always wrong which she finds more offensive that whatever offensive behavious she is being protected from.

And as a hire car driver, the conversations in the back of the car on a girl's night out would make a bullock driver blush.
Yet it is considered to swear like a trooper amongst men, even men you do not know but not in front of women, will a naughty word send them deaf ?
And the one that really pisses SWMBO off most is a scene where the "helpless woman" is shielded from the sight of a dead person.
AS she would regularly say, after child birth, death is a doddle.

Then there is lifting "oh madam that is too heavy for you" gets the reply "ever had to walk about all day carrying a 3 year old and now you tell me I can not lift 1/2 that weight ".

Now there are some things where bodies do make a difference.
Once every 5 years I make an appointment to see a female proctologist, nice skinny fingers do make a difference
And I went to a female dentist for decades who did a much better job on my teeth than any male had ever done.

I have a lot of friends from work of various sexual orientations who will happily call each other, queer, poof, fag etc etc etc but PC says I must refer to them as as people of indertiminate sexual orienation.
Or the indiginious people I used to drink with who call each other black, abbo etc & me whitey.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Rik
I married a foreigner and have two daughters. Every day is an International women day for me. I've cooked dinner two days in a row too, so they'd better not be complaining.
That depends on your cooking skills, Rick...!

It's not haute-cuisine Michael, but I experiment and I've ended up with my own Anglo-Belgian-French hybrid and a lot of sauces involving beer, wine and cider :slightly_smiling_face:

Nieuwe pagina 1