Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Registering an imported bike and MOT

I have a BSA WDM20 imported from the States. It was made in 1942. I know that because of its age it doesn't need an MOT . I want to register it and get an age related number with DVLA. The question is does it need an MOT for this? I have looked about on the web and its not very clear.
Any guidance gratefully received.

email (option): pete.m.thomas@btinternet.com

Re: Registering an imported bike and MOT

No, you don't need an MOT to register it. You'll need proof of year of manufacture and a forum from DVLA which you have to ask them to send you.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for that - I hoped so.

I have the dating certificate from the BSAOC and clear photos from each side of the bike and form V55/5 filled in plus the NOVA form.

I hope DVLA don't take too long.

1944-v2

email (option): pete.m.thomas@btinternet.com

That should do it :+1: they may want to inspect it, or the log book could just arrive in the post :slightly_smiling_face:

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I have registered several bikes over the last few years and the only one that got inspected was the one l did not get an MOT for. This added a delay of 2-3 weeks l would estimate. I think the BVLA use the MOT tester to confirm engine and frame numbers, they being the next best pair of eyes on the job as it were. If it was me I’d get the MOT to speed things up?
REgards, Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1