WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I have just uploaded instruction from Stuard Woods to make your own panniers

You can find the instructions here and on the technical section page:

http://wdbsa.nl/images/Panniers.pdf

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: I have just uploaded instruction from Stuard Woods to make your own panniers

What a great piece of workmanship and really fantastic of Stuart to go to the effort to write to up such clear clear instructions for us.
Just one question: where can we get the materials? (a theoretical question on my part as I doubt I have those sewing skills.

Re: I have just uploaded instruction from Stuard Woods to make your own panniers

Dear Dedan

Firstly many thanks to Henk for posting the instructions on the website, greatly appreciated.

I know you can purchase canvas online from various manufacturers. In Hong Kong we have an area where all the shops just sell fabric and canvas can be bought in many different colours and shades, so I think you just need to search online for locations close to you, a furniture upholsterer would be a good try.

If you don't have a sewing machine or the sewing skills, there are always plenty of people out there whom run small businesses doing sewing or garment alterations as in taking up the hem of your trousers or making your wife's dress a bit smaller. I'm sure if you give them a copy of the instructions together with the fabric they will give you a very reasonable cost to do the work for you. It will certainly be cheaper than buying a set online and you can then make them any colour you like.

Regards

Stuart

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

I've had several sets of original Y-straps, and seen a number of others, and many of them had leather as the center piece where the three straps are joined. Some had smooth brown leather, and some had black pebble-grained leather (like the Ammo boots or DR boots)

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Nice stuff!! but I don't think a broad Arrow was ever stamped on them, here a picture of my box with NOS ones.

There were ofcourse several manufacturers, just like the bags, with rounded or sharp corners, etc. etc.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi##.net (think about this!)

Nieuwe pagina 1