Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Could this be a WD motorcycle?

ebay item no 132898718638,it has WD type rear carrier/rack,and the petrol tank is the WD type with cut out for the vokes air filter.

Re: Could this be a WD motorcycle?

He's a tad optimistic with the asking price. The rear carrier on the civy bikes was an optional extra, but that's not the correct one. The tank is off a 3HW and the hot cross filler cap is an Indian copy WD type, looks like a strange extension to the filler neck? The knee grips aren't Triumph, they look more like Royal Enfield? The front mudguard is ether repro or post war, it hasn't got the correct rivet set up for the front stay and I'm fairly sure that the P clips on the forks were only for the WD models. The headlamp with srew in top and the ammeter are repro/postwar. Only a picture of the frame number would determine its true ID. All in all quite a tidy shiny bike worth about a quarter of his asking price to my mind.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRE-WAR-ULTRA-RARE-1939-TRIUMPH-3S-350-MOTORCYCLE-SIDE-VALVE-ENGINE-swap-swop/132898718638?hash=item1ef16183ae:g:FzAAAOSwv7pb6vXs:rk:1:pf:0

Ron
3SW-083

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

What a clown..:laughing: .You could buy a genuine DBD34 Gold Star for less than that...and a lot of other far better and far more sought after bikes....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Indeed there are, Ian.
Recently I saw an BSA m23 from 1939 on ebay. A OHV twin port, at 12 k.
One of my (many !) favourites.
If only I was rich….:sob:

Nieuwe pagina 1