Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is it possible? A spare parts book without pictures?

Got my hands on a "Triumph 3HW Replacement parts" book... I was surprised to see that most of the parts are not illustrated at all, is it possible? Not to mention that all screws, bolts, studs and nuts listed have no dimensions or threads referred!

How on earth will I know what to look for if something is missing?

:(

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Is it possible? A spare parts book without pictures?

I don't know Triumph, but later war Norton spare parts lists were also generally unillustrated. Very difficult to use in isolation.

Civilian Norton lists don't include fastener sizes either. It seems to have been something that they introduced for the WD machines.

I think that your best option is to find out if earlier Triumph lists were illustrated and try to use the two lists together.

I've struggled often with non illustrated parts lists.

Triumph 3SW and 5SW lists are not illustrated so it was a bonus to find that the 3HW list does have lots of illustrations. Using this coupled with my 3/5SW workshop manual which covers most things apart from the top end of the 3HW engine (3HW Webb forks are illustrated in its parts list). Plus the use of my 1939 parts list which covers all models 250-350-500-600. I managed quite well. Fortunately with Triumph, they carried on year after year without changing much.

Kostas you're welcome to email me if you have a query.....I'll help if I can.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have a hand typed Australian Army WM20 parts list with no illustrations either.

BSA has a very good 1940 parts book with good illustrations. All parts books after that during the war had no illustrations. The combination of the 1940 book makes the later war parts books usable.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

My 1944 'Air Ministry' WM20 parts list has full illustration plates like this. It's basically for the sidecar model with the shorter forks and 18" wheels. But everything else is the same. Ron

Scan-150628-0002

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1