Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear cylinder nut ...how?

I have had the cyclinder off to check for damage following the engine seizure I posted about earlier. Only slight scuffing to piston and barrel thankfully. All cleaned up and engine reassembled.

But... how do you tighten up the rear cylinder base nut (nearest timing side) with the magdyno in place?
I have tried a flexible socket wrench adapter but it is too wide.

Any advice gratefully received.

Re: Rear cylinder nut ...how?

I think BSA provided a special cranked spanner for the job, but I've always managed it with a normal longish combination spanner with a flat open jaw and a cranked ring end.....by turning it this way and that to obtain a purchase which usually involves at best about 1/8th of a turn or there abouts. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I adapted a ring spanner, works well.

IMG-5393

IMG-5392

You can take a metric 15 mm, it has a tight fit over the nut which you need here to make full use of the space.

Good luck, Michiel

Good idea Michiel. That's what I'll do next time I need it.:+1: I've already got several spanners ground down, bent or cut for special jobs. I even have one that I specially shaped for Mk 2 Transit prop shaft bolts which I'm sure I'll never use again. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the tips Ron and Michiel.
Right, I'm off to modify a ring spanner.
With thoughts of my intended end to end run next year I am tyring to collate a set of tools for emergency road side/ camp site repairs.
This is one that I will add to the list on the basis that when travelling you only ever need to tool you haven't got!

Have a look at the Technical Section; there is a list of tools and other items you might need in the "On the road - repair kit".

Cheers Hans will do.

and just have. A very helpful and comprehensive list.

Nieuwe pagina 1