Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
thanks

I would like to use this forum to thank all those who fought and died for us all in the last hundred years .

Re: thanks

I'll second that.

This is a Dutch forum with WW2 military motorcycle owner members from all around the world including Germany, so who do you mean by us?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I think it is a blanket thank you to all who served regardless of their origin. As Ghandi said: "What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?"

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Rob Miller
This is a Dutch forum with WW2 military motorcycle owner members from all around the world including Germany, so who do you mean by us?

Rob
Good point, Miller.

Best regards,

Simon

No offence was intended in this post to anybody maybe worded it wrong.

I'm sure we all know and appreciate the sentiment that was intended...

It is depressing that more generally this year the rememberance commemorations have been hijacked by both politicians and individuals to make political or social statements and who seek to distort the intentions of the event...

There is no ambiguity whatever in the meaning or intended meaning of the poppy symbol..It represents an act of remberance, pure and simple....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

rusty nuts
No offence was intended in this post to anybody maybe worded it wrong.
None taken!

/simon

I think it is good that all ordinary soldiers are remembered regardless of race, creed or colour (This obviously excludes war criminals). Many men of all nations were conscripted or joined out of loyalty to country or friends and though they may have been old enemies, that is now part of history. If we couldn't forgive or forget, the English, for instance have been at war with most of Europe throughout it's history, especially with France and Spain. I believe there was a German contingent at the cenotaph a few years back and they were made welcome by the old soldiers who paraded. Many British and Germans who had been busy trying to kill each other a few years prior became friends or did business with each other after the war.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

thanks for raising this issue. I certainly feel indebted to all the people military and civilian who made it possible for us to be here today. And i do sympathise with the feeling expressed about this time being hijacked. Today i watched young army and RAF cadets locally marching off to a commemorative service. Not all in step I should say!! But all doing their best. And I thought it is exactly people like them we are really trying to remember and it is always youngsters like them who get the short straw. So thanks for raising this and for remembering with respect. all good wishes fellow site members

Nieuwe pagina 1