Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Army Bikes

Last ride of the year, with the Cougar, Jefferson Armoury of Edmonton Alberta.
Had the bike 14 years, but first summer licensed, and on the road. Still using same number on the tank.
Did over 200 miles on the bike, no problems, except came within a few feet of catching a deer on the handle bars!
Left the civi number plate on, not sure what year that would be.

army-bike

1951 on the firing range. BAOR forty-second field regiment RA.

Re: Army Bikes

Hi Bryon,

The post war military registration number 85YD77 should belong to a bike with frame number WM20 105985 but the frame number isn't mentioned in the key cards. They did say that this BSA had war time tank number C5546685 and with that I calculated that frame number. If that's the correct frame number it would make it a 1944 BSA.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Henk, The WM20 I have now with frame number WM20 42256 I believe is a 1941. I found the old photo taken in Germany when I was in 179 Battery and decided to use the same tank numbers. The bike seemed a lot smoother to ride in those days could it be my bones are a bit older now! Bryon.

Here some info on this frame number, as you can see it left the factory 6-6-1941.

Henk

WM20-42256

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Civian registration number JTO136 is a pre 1963 UK number (for Lancashire England if I remember right) that would have been allocated by the Ministry of Transport (as was) when the bike was sold of/disposed of by the Army some time after the war but before 1963.

JTO was a Nottingham registration issued in March 1947.

Thanks that does fit in I bought the bike from quite a large and interesting collection in Nottinghamshire

Nieuwe pagina 1