Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
off topic deluxe m20 twin

Just spotted this "deluxe" m20 with the very rare twin engine option:laughing: this must have been very special order. I know it's not wd but thought you might enjoy it, It's for sale on donedeal at the moment, and in a seperate listing there is a wm20 in raf colours.
all the best
Grahame
YWE3-MTBk-ODM0-YTE4-OGIx-Yz-M3-MGU3-ZDNh-Zjg2-Mz-Rj-ZWb-AALgs-INz-H27y-YBpj-Avcrna-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25hd3-Mu-Y29t-L2-Rvbm-Vk-ZWFs-Lmll-LXBob3-Rvcy9wa-G90b18x-MTIw-NDE4-MTF8f-Hw2-MDB4-Nj-Awf-Hx8f-Hx8f-Hw
Mj-Jl-OWU0-ZWNl-ZDM3-Nm-Iy-NDhh-Mj-Ay-NTRh-MTNj-OWZi-Zj-Fpw-TC0-W3jf-HGXb-GN7-AY-Jta-HR0c-Dov-L3-Mz-LWV1-LXdlc3-Qt-MS5hb-WF6b25hd3-Mu-Y29t-L2-Rvbm-Vk-ZWFs-Lmll-LXBob3-Rvcy9wa-G90b18x-MTIw-NDE4-MTJ8f-Hw2-MDB4-Nj-Awf-Hx8f-Hx8f-Hw

Re: off topic deluxe m20 twin

I wonder how a bike like this handles in corners etc

I think it looks awful!
Well known Carb Guru Martyn Bratby built a Sunbeam S8 with two engines and calls it a 'Four Beam'.......He's thinking of building a 'Six Beam'?? Ron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeSvBBumuOg

And on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB8zRa1SdU0

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Very crudely done, ugly and rather pointless in my opinion..but no doubt someone will love it...

I suspect it will also be a bit under braked with that 7" half width hub...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes that bike was built by an Israeli chap living in Ireland some years ago

I bought m20 stuff from him as he was clearing out his stuff before he left with his family to return to Israel

2 early Wm20 Frames were bought by forum members -
1 went to uk & another to the Netherlands

Both will return to the road in the future

Jo’b

email (option): Jonnnyob1@googlemail.com

Each engine seems to have its own magneto. Surely the differences in timing, however small, would place great stresses on whatever primary chain setup was used?

Bob
Each engine seems to have its own magneto. Surely the differences in timing, however small, would place great stresses on whatever primary chain setup was used?
The trick with these setups is to find a "sweet spot" where they are out of sync in order to minimize the stress on the primary chain, but at the same time don't work against each other and make the chain snap back and forth. At least that's what I read in an article on a bike with two in-line Jawa speedway engines in a Harley WL-frame.

I applaud the idea that this person had, but I am not to impressed with how it was executed.

Best regards,

simon

(like he cares if he impressed a grumpy swede or not... ;) )

It's only an engine of change in case of breakdown for far-sighted driver :smile:

email (option): matrot.sandra@neuf.fr

Hi Simon
Thanks for the input.It sounds a bit hit & miss to me, I don't think I'll bother. I've got a small article somewhere about one that looks to be better done, but it doesn't contain any real information.

Simon
Oh, & something else. I didn't think there was such a thing as a grumpy Swede. I'm grumpy on my day.

You bet Bob! This time if the year when the darkness and the cold comes creeping, with bike riding season being a long way away...

/simon

Nieuwe pagina 1