The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tattoo.

Rehearsals for Warley tattoo,17-6-1946.

Re: Tattoo.

Again an interesting photo Steve, to bad I can'really read the tank numbers. Is the original photo better then this one? The DeLuxe BSA seems to be still pretty much the same as when it left the factory in 1940.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

That's a lovely early Norton

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Here a photo I already had, this photo is taken the same day as Steve's photo and at the same location Warley Barracks 17-6-1946. I am even pretty sure that this is one of the BSA's that is also in Steve's photo. This BSA is C3931157, it probably has frame number WM20 7737. The frame number list from this period is not 100% accurate so this frame number could be off by a few numbers. The C number is partly obscured in my photo but in Steve photo you can see that it starts with C39.

Henk.

C3931157-WM20-7737-Warley-Barracks-17-6-1946

They are remarkable pictures for the quantity of insignia worn.

Post 1944 East Anglian District Eastern Command formation badges.

And multiple trade badges, one has a DR badge over a Drivers steering wheel badge, another one looks like an LG light machine gunner over Driver and DR or DM Driver Mechanic?

Rob

ea
what is the formula for aluminum

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

looking at the photo with a magnifying glass,the tank numbers are 4142995 on nearest M20,3911517 on 16H,and 3931157 on the other M20.

...that front fork spring is going trough a hard time here....

Thanks for these tank numbers.

Henk

Nieuwe pagina 1