Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3hw spares source?

Does anyone know of a source for 3hw parts?
If they are common to the twins, they are plentiful, but I don't know of anyone who has single parts.
Does anyone know what happened to Hitchcocks old stock?

email (option): andy1reynolds20@yahoo.com

Re: Triumph 3hw spares source?

Auto jumbles and ebay are a good source for parts,the only dealers I can think of are cornucopia a Stuart bray who stock a few parts, some of the pre war single cylinder models use the same parts, wheels, foot rests, engine gearbox plates, clutch, some twin parts also fit, rear wheel, foot rests, head lamp brackets, top chain guard is also the same, Webb girder fork parts are hard to find, as are some of the cycle parts, there's lots of Indian copied parts on ebay but don't know the quality of them,rigid rear stands are also all the same for the twins and singles except TRW, but TRW pannier rack and fittings will fit, but not rear mudguard which would need lots of altering, I've managed to find original parts for the ones I have from jumbles and ebay.

I struggled to acquire a full set of the correct parts when I had a brief foray into Triumphs and built a 5SW a few years back...Triumphs of that period are generally not well serviced with spares and some parts are very hard to find.
However, like Simon I turned up all the parts I needed including some very nice NOS parts as a result of diligent searching from every source...

I must admit life is much easier with the less exotic but much more common M20!..:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Many thanks! I have thought about Indian made stuff but am wary of quality.
Will try stuart bray.

Andy.

Thanks Ian,
Have come across nice nossas bits in the past...will keep searching!

Nieuwe pagina 1