Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 rear wheel bearing

Hi,
I am fitting the metric bearings to my hub, does anyone have a NOS backing spacer they could measures with a micrometer as mine have been got at so one is 0.5mm thinner than the other and I need to calculate the remaining thickness!!! 🙄
Cheers
Scott

email (option): LarkesrATgmail.com

Re: M20 rear wheel bearing

Hi Scott

30204 is 15.25mm width whereas 05079 is 14.38mm wide, so my guess is that you need to take off 0.87mm from the spacer.

From memory Ron went through this exercise recently.

05079 bearings are still widely available (Bearingboys or Simplybearings). They are more expensive than 30204, but not so much more than messing around getting the spacers thinner.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pat

ps My rear wheel has the three shouldered wheel bolt QD hub.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

To "thin" the spacers you only have to remove material from the outer top edge of both the spacers, and bring that machined side in the hub first.

So not the whole surface has to be turned down which makes it a very easy operation on the lathe.

Good luck! Michiel

Hi Michiel,
Aaaah I get it now, you just cut a seat on the outer edge of one face, right?
(Think I'm going to write this up for Henk to post in the tech library)
Scott

email (option): larkesATgmail.com

Yes, easy it is, and do that on both spacers, so that you get the hollow spindle in the exact same axial position as original.

It needs to be in the exact same axial position as this also affects the position of the brakeplate to the drum.

Good luck! Michiel

Nieuwe pagina 1