Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On The Road Again (Up North)

PATELEY BRIDGE, Nidderdale, has the oldest sweet shop in England
established 1827.
Pateley Bridge 1
Pateley Bridge 2

RED BRAE BANK and GREENHOW HILL, 8am Saturday Morning, (keep those waterproofs handy!)
Red Brae Bank 2
Red Brae Bank 1
Red Brae Bank 3JPG

GRASSINGTON 1940's WEEKEND, Grasssington mentioned in Doomsday Book, Royal Charter for market 1282
BSA M20 and Mick and ADRIAN's Matchless Motor Bikes
Pateley Bridge
Twins !JPG

KINSLEY CRAG
Limestone Cliff 170' High, 40' Overhang
Kinsley Crag

Re: On The Road Again (Up North)

Great pictures John. I went up Chimney Bank Rosedale on Saturday. Great views from the top.

Regards

Pat

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

Patrick,

Bit of a coincident as i went up Blakey Bank end of Farndale on Saturday, and over the top and down Danby Rigg, then back over Great Fryup Dale. Great Yorkshire names and i have not made them up either, 1 in 25 with grass growing in the middle of the road. Rode my old 1930 Norton, what more do you want. Chimney bank is a sod but i can still do that on my pedal bike and I'm near 61. On a good clear day those roads are some of the best in the UK.

Tim W

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Patrick Meagher
Great pictures John. I went up Chimney Bank Rosedale on Saturday. Great views from the top.

Regards

Pat
Yes Great roads and scenery around Rosedale

Tim W
Patrick,

Bit of a coincident as i went up Blakey Bank end of Farndale on Saturday, and over the top and down Danby Rigg, then back over Great Fryup Dale. Great Yorkshire names and i have not made them up either, 1 in 25 with grass growing in the middle of the road. Rode my old 1930 Norton, what more do you want. Chimney bank is a sod but i can still do that on my pedal bike and I'm near 61. On a good clear day those roads are some of the best in the UK.

Tim W
Great Scenery in North Yorkshire, seen one of two bikers caught out on the Chimney, great riding country.

Awesome pictures, I love the scenery.

A lot of veteran bikes were on a run in North Yorkshire last Saturday. We watched them from the pub in Hutton-le-Hole.

A slight confession to make, I wasn't on the M20, but my Harley. To be fair it has the ability to turn corners like a small artic.

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

I was on that ride Patrick, but missed Hutton-le-Hole out as when we got to the top of Blakey the urge to leave the route and go over the top to explore was too much.
Had to miss out Hutton as we had to get back to the start for 15.30 as sausage and mash was on the table. Rode back down Rosedale and through Cropton to get back on time. Heard a couple of noisy HDs in morning rumbling through Cropton.

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1