Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD/CO sold in Normandy: good or bad deal ?

Hello all

I'm not an expert, (instead of most participants here !), so would appreciate any opinion on this WD/CO sold by a professional garage in Normandy. It doesn't seem in great condition and has non original parts (tail lamp, black side panel, maybe levers, handlebars, has no frame for the panniers, etc). So price seems exaggerated, but maybe not for such a bike sold by a professional nowadays ? Announcement says it needs a simple re-starting, could it be (much ?) more, based on the pictures and on your experience (front tyre seems worn out, for example) ? I 'm a bit skeptical, but still wondering if it's worth it, one of the interests of the bike for a frenchman beeing that it will have french collection Vcard, which will make paperwork allowing to ride it much easier than buying one outside France. Thank you very much !

http://military-classic-vehicles.fr/news/en/royal-enfield-motorcycle/

Re: WD/CO sold in Normandy: good or bad deal ?

Not a very good deal, speedo missing that will set you back £200+ the bags are repro's, no frames either, I would not touch it with a barge pole.
That is only my opinion, others may think different.

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Yes, the right bike but the wrong money...That sort of money should buy you a complete, very good and well sorted bike....

Looking at the overall condition who knows what it will be like mechanically/electrically...With that and the missing parts and worn tyres it could turn out to be a money pit requiring a lot more cash...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

It may be worth making an offer, although in the UK market, a price of (at most) around £4 to 5 thousand pounds might be closer to the mark. But here in UK it is usually the case that what price the seller asks is often a lot less than the price actually realised, so if you liked the bike, making a low offer might prove successful. If it says it just needs starting, then it is likely that the vendor cannot start it which could indicate that the magneto needs attention. But if the frame is straight, there is good compression and there are not too many bits missing it might be basically sound. Make a list of what is wrong and use that to negotiate.......if you think it is worth it.

Many thanks for your comments. It has been on sale for 2 or 3 months now, so presumably not considered a good deal by experts. I'll just ask if it's negociable. Last year an individual sold a wonderfully and fully restored WD/CO that I saw at an event, a jewel for 6500 euros. I think the announcement stayed 1 week before it was sold...At the time I didn't have yet the fiber... Patience is an essential quality here !

Nieuwe pagina 1